Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Thursday, February 01, 2007

pritilan pritilan mommie's diary

My 2007 resolution
One of my resolution is to prioritize my life. I want to be everything (so greedy hm…). Be a good mommie for my Arya, a caring wife and best friend for my hb and a valuable employee. Simple right but it's tough!! I'm not superwoman type…let alone doing voluntering job/keep in touch with old friends/enrich myself with new skill/all good things. That's why I came up with smart idea to be a better organiser. Eventhough I put this as my strength in last year perfomance appraisal, in reality…I admitted that I best described as 'banyak maunya tenaga kurang..' O well…=)
Start on January, I did first manouver, I changed all my yahoogroups setting as no mail so I won't tempt to read the milis nor daily digest during my working hours. It worked especially when we rush for deadlines =) Proud of myself. I will then try to go back home at 6 something when the sun still shine and play with Arya in playground. Hehehe that's my January result. Will need to find more ideas for Feb.

What if I decided to be SAHM??
I was raised by home breader mommie. I turned out to be OK. In my close relatives, there's no history for working moms..either full time mom or working wife with no children. It's so black and white. Here I am to be the pilot project.

I always want to be SAHM everytime...
- I imagine that during daytime, Arya only plays with Mbak Bin….urghhhhh...
- Arya laughs happily to see Mbak Bin….urghhhhh…
- I read article that baby's first 3 years of life is very important to his full development….urghhhhh…
- I noticed big difference of local babies (usually raised by maid) and foreigners babies (raised by mommies)….urghhhh…
- I am tired with my job..(3 yrs doing the same things…) …urghhhhh….

Why don't I choose to be SAHM…
- I'm not brave enough to be 100% dependent to my hb…(family history!)
- we attach to this city because of our work
- our liabilities..urghhhhhhh…..

Life is about an option. Sometimes it's interesting to choose something which will impact your life. This time I don't want to choose. I'm afraid that one day I'll regret not to choose other side of the road.

7 comments:

Rani said...

yah it's so difficult to be a woman, hehehe. You are doing really well! For me what's ideal is to get part time job and freelancing, but in singapore that's not very simple either.

bundAzkaFaqih said...

halo mama arya..pakabar niih?
waah harbourfrontnya dimana?
ayuk yukk ketemuan,...ym idnya minta duung...

yang paling enak bisa jadi sahm tapi jg punya bisnis di rumah..mgkn bisnis online bisa jadi solusi..:))

kalo aku,hmm..bsok bakalan buka praktek dirumah aja kali yaa:)

eChie said...

SAHM itu apa li ?

Unknown said...

hihih sama kayak Echie..SAHM apa sih Li? Duh I also have the same dilemma...hiks... dengan kerjaan gue yg sangat memakan waktu di GE rasanya pait banget bayangin Fabio main sama Nanny.. apalagi gue biasanya baru sampai rumah jam 8 mlm :( Blm lagi Boss besar sangat workaholic dan suka nyindir2 how obsessed I am with my son.

Anonymous said...

SAHM itu Stay-At-Home-Mom...gitchu..
bundazka, kita bermarkas di caribbean apt. cuma bentar lagi mau pindah ke tevie

-lia-

kerlipgemintang said...

dilema dilema....
sama aja yah ternyata dimana mana... hiks,sediiih emang kalo inget anak pas kita lagi kerja huhuhuuuuu

beidewei, ada buku bagus judulnya :
"comeback moms" karangan monica samuels and J.C Conklin , jeng cindy menyarankan saya membaca buku ini waktu lagi curhat abis2an pingin berenti kerja...

bisa dipinjem dari national library tapi sekarang lagi di sayah hehehehe...

~bu~ said...

I don't remember anything before primary school...seriously. I think most people would say the same...so you have 5 more years before you have to choose!

Unless of course, you don't believe your nanny is a good educator...SAHM is worth considering now.