Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Saturday, August 19, 2006

9 Amazing Months



Dear Diary,

It took 39 weeks and 4 days to prepare Arya to this world.

Month 1
No one knew at this stage =p

Month 2
We got the good news in Jakarta, 4 days before Idul Fitri celebration. Unfortunately 1 wk after that, I had a high fever. I visited a doctor in Harapan Kita hospital and there's possibility that I had a dengue fever. We flew back to Singapore the next day and went straight to KK hospital. I stayed 2 days in medical leave. The dengue fever was a threat for the mommy not the baby. We went to a gynae in Mount E and had a scan for the first time when I was 5 wk pregnant. We got the possible bad news when there's nothing in my uterus...I need to bed-rest for 5 days. After 5 days resting and praying, we could see the little peanut with heart beat in my tummy. Amazing!!!

Month 3
Morning Sickness!! Everytime I took buses and taxis. At least I never lost my appetite.

Month 4
Finally we can travel again. First 3 months are very fragile for the baby-to-be so it was advisable not to travel during this period. We managed to have 1 week off and went to Yogyakarta and Ambarawa (my hometown). I visited and showed Ari my favourite places when I was senior high in Yogyakarta. We had a small celebration in Ambarawa as I was 4 months pregnant. For Muslim, we believe that God give soul to us in 4 months pregnancy.

Month 5
It's a baby boy...Ari was so happy!! We did a detailed scan, the baby is healthy and quite long/big for his average.

Month 6
Ari had an assignment in Jakarta. My mom came to company me.

Month 7
We had a traditional baby shower in our house in Jakarta. The house was 98% completed. I'll post the pic of our baby shower in separate post. Literally it was a shower not a gift shower...a water shower!!!

Month 8
We signed up for express antenatal class - 3 courses. We had a better idea about the birth plan. Btw, I shut my eyes when the teacher showed us a birth video... Scary Man!!

Month 9
My weight was declined. Not a good sign!! Maybe because of fatigue carrying big belly.

Month 10
My mommy and sis came to help us. Can't wait for the D-day because everybody said that my tummy looked so huge and the baby was bigger than the average.

39 weeks & 4 days
Finally...

No comments: