Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Thursday, September 28, 2006

lactation consultant

As a working cow, sometimes you find rocky way. That's where you need advices from the expert, lactation consultant. During my breastfeeding time, 2.5 mos, I already utilize them for 4 times.
1. the consultant nurse in Gleneagles. In my opinion, Gleneagles provide good support for breastfeeding mommy. They'll deliver your baby to your room every 4 hours and show how to do it properly. I always called the nurse if I need to turn the baby to another nipple…too scared since baby was so fragile. Btw I was admitted in two bedded room since the one bedded was fully booked so no one company me at nite. Nurse Marry, the counselor, came twice. First, to show me the difference way to breastfeed and Second, in my last day, to give me the brochure abt breastfeeding and number to contact her. I called her twice to ask abt proper latch on - when I had a doubt that you produce enough milk- and how to increase milk supply.
2. BMSG (
www.breastfeeding.org.sg). You can find inspiring story of another cow, Q&A, breastfeeding products. I haven't utilised this website thoroughly. The good thing for this, you can send any queryvia email regarding your BF problem and they'll get back to you on the next day. I already sent 2 emails regarding back-to-work preparation and my recent blocked duct problem. The emails were replied by volunteer counselor aka an experience cow.
It's good to know that you don't need to pay and queue to get good advice from the expert!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

ADuh Li....bikin iri...disini gak ada yg begitu... ada juga pusat laktasi di Carolus.. kalau yg pakai sistem email blm ada :(

-lia said...

pun, kalau elo ada masalah, email aja mereka. Buat siapa aja kok. Nggak perlu jadi member. Hopefully nggak ada masalah la yaw.

Rani said...

gue jg pake lactation consultant, dari BMSG namanya Doris Fok, LC pertama di Asia, dia asliiiii jagoan banget deh. elo kudu ketemu dia kalo ada masalah menysuui! telpon aja gue ntar gue kasih nomernya