Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Friday, October 20, 2006

skooter

Tataa..Here is torji - motor siji/first motorbike =). We bought this bike 1 month after Arya's born. The first comment from our friend how come i just gave birth and we bought a motorbike?? Hehehe..it's not that we're being selfish. We can afford cheap car in US, nice powerful car in OZ (3.500cc) but not in SG. Soooo expensive and plus where to go in this tiny islandcWith this torji, my nursing agenda was on track, so far.

I can't imagine taking torji to go to work if I'm in Jakarta..Thinking back about transportation to work, I have 6 unforgettable moments, based on preference:
1. ride a bike along the beach in St. Kilda (2004)
2. 20 minutes walk in Singapore (2005-2006)
3. take a limo - company's shuttle in Rye Brook (2003)
4. pass midnite..(sighh life as an auditor), on the way back to Tebet, I was stunned in the middle of the Kampung Melayu bridge when I saw Tebet's beach. I drove back to my uncle house in Kalimalang. Luckily, I rented second floor room in Tebet. (2001)
5. take ojeg sepeda (bike taxi) for 2 times when I did audit assignment in Sunter. The area around the building was flooded. So with laptop bag in my lap, wearing skirt and formal jacket, I need to ensure that the water didn't enter my high heels. (2001)
6. drive from kalimalang to kuninganc1.5hr straight urgh..traffic in toll!! You paid and you stuck in traffic (2001)
Ups sorry..it become mommy's story instead of parenthood..

No comments: